Monday 20 September 2010

Tooth and Claw

"He's mad that trusts in the tameness of a wolf, a horse's health,
a boy's love, or a whore's oath."

~Fool, King Lear, Act III, scene vi
(Tooth and Claw is about a werewolf )


Exciting things have been happening lately. Both fall break and a weekend trip home have happened since I last blogged. Fall break was super bittersweet. Sweet because I was able to be home for Faith Baptist Church's 20th anniversary celebration and hang out with both friends and family. Bitter because they showed a few videos of people that had been there since the beginning of the church and one of the people was the oldest member of our church (Clifford Gilliam, 86) who is basically my grandfather because I didn't have a grandpa on my mom's side growing up and also living 8 hours away from my family...you tend to adopt the people around you as family. But seeing that video of him, made me realize how much I wanted to stay in Youngsville for him, but I know that I am where God wants me right now, here in Knoxville at Calvary.

In my three weeks here in Knoxville between my two visits home this month, I had an Economics test, an Accounting test, an English paper, and a German paper...actually those were all last week...not so much fun :/ but I punched through it and made it home for AnchorSoul alive! :)

Also, I know God has been calling me away from my opening a bookstore dream and leading me to being a Drama Coordinator at a church somewhere. Among other things, I FINALLY found a University with a Theatre Ministry Masters program. I didn't even know they existed, but I randomly google searched it and whoop there it was! After a few emails back and forth with a "recruiter" for Regent University in Virginia, I discovered that all but 8 weeks of this 1.5 year program can be done online! I'm now super excited about it! I know it's still 2.5 years until I finish my Undergrad, but I know this is the path God is leading me down and I am so excited to see how I get to where He wants me (life-wise) and where that is (location-wise)!

1 comment:

  1. That is very exciting to see that God is changing your direction to Drama Coordinator! I can definitely see that. Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks Drew! Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete