Sunday 7 November 2010

School Reunion

A thousand times the worse, to want thy light.
Love goes toward love as schoolboys from their books,
But love from love, toward school with heavy looks.

Romeo; Romeo & Juliet, Act II, scene 2

Watch out people! I am blogging within a month of my last blog...IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!! Haha not really.

Ever had one of those days that you felt like running away because you needed to clear your head? Well, Saturday was mine. I went to Gatlinburg to go on a 2 hour trail ride in the Smokey Mountain National Park. Well, they don't send out the trail rides if there is any precipitation and regardless of the fact that it was clear the whole hour ride up there, as soon as I got about 5 minutes away, it started snowing. So that was a major buzzkill. But thankfully, I had remembered passing another place that had trail rides back in Sevierville. So I headed back and stopped at a Cracker Barrel before I hit it up. It was great to just sit there, drink my root beer, eat my chicken n' dumplin's and read my book for an hour.

Aaand then I went down to the other trail, which only had 1 hour rides, but was still satisfying. The trail guide asked if I had ridden before, I said yes, he asked if I ever showed horses, I told him no and told him that I moved to much. He also told me that I should. Haha he made that ride a lot of fun and it was very very relaxing. After that, I went to Smokey Mountain Knife Works and bought myself a Celtic Clover knife :) Overall, a great, relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment